5 Ways to Beat Dreaded Vacation Constipation
1st in the Prunies® Constipation Checklist series
My own traveler’s constipation was the catalyst for developing Prunies®. Here are some tips so you can fully enjoy your next trip.
- Get ahead of a change to your diet. Two days before travel: start focusing on your hydration and eating fiber-rich foods.
- Why not try Prunies®?! (you knew I had to get that one out of the way) Eat a bag on the way to your destination and get started on the right foot.
- Adjust your body clock – if your traveling includes a time difference, consider shifting meal times up to 24 hours prior to departure. Example: if you are going to Europe from the east coast, eat “dinner” the night before at 3:00pm instead of 8:00pm, then stop eating until breakfast at your destination. This will help regulate your appetite to the new meal times. BTW this also helps to alleviate jet lag.
- Give yourself some time to relax. Build in 30 minutes in the morning (or typical bathroom time of day) at the start of your trip without pressure. Grab a cup of something warm and a book or newspaper. Chill out.
- Don’t ignore the signals – just go! I know, you want to avoid using the bathroom at certain times, but holding it in can cause you to get caught in a bad cycle. The sooner into your trip you get back to your normal routine, the happier you will be. Promise!
Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice. Every person is different and requires different approaches. This website and its content is not intended or recommended as a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek advice of your own physician or other qualified health care professional regarding any medical questions or conditions.